COMMERCIAL PILOT TRAINING
Reid Helicopters Nelson offer premium one on one flight training like no other company in New Zealand. What do we offer that makes us different from the rest?
- We only take on one full time Commercial student at a time
- You train in the Robinson R44 so you have more PIC time on type for your future employer
- You are trained by a ratio of 3 instructors to one student (2 B Cat and 1 C Cat)
- Your instructors are also highly experienced commercial pilots flying larger turbine helicopters on a wide range of applications
- You get on the job training and opportunities to work out in the field with your instructors on commercial operations such as long line and fire-fighting work. This work experience can go on your CV to show you have worked within a commercial operation and have the skills required to be a ground support crew as well as a junior pilot
- Reid Helicopters will assist you with job placement in the industry and we have worldwide contacts to help put you on the right track
- All our past students have gained employment and are now working all over the world.
WHAT REID HELICOPTERS DO NOT OFFER
- We do not offer student funding
- Commercial students must have all theory exams passed in order to start full time training
- We do not take on international students so you must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- We have a strict acceptance policy that you need to pass prior to starting your training. This is to ensure that the pilots we recommend to future employers are of a high standard with regard to not only flying skills but general attitude and work ethic.
PRIVATE HELICOPTER TRAINING
Reid Helicopters also specialise in flight training for the private or recreational pilot.
We offer one on one tuition and can help get you through your helicopter licence whether it be in one of our training helicopters or your own helicopter if you decide to purchase.
We help with helicopter acquisitions and offer pre purchase inspections to make sure you know what you are getting. Reid Helicopters have bought and sold helicopters from all over the world and have a huge number of contacts to make international import another option.
The information below is a basic outline of what you will need to do for your private helicopter licence.
PRIVATE PILOT LICENCE – Theory Exams
You must pass the following (6) exams (70%) before you are eligible to sit a flight test. This is now also required before you can carry out a solo cross country flight greater than 25 nautical miles.
- Flight Radio Techniques
- Human Factors
- Aviation Law
- Helicopter Principles of Flight
PRIVATE PILOT LICENCE – Flight Time Requirements
50 hours flight time (average 65 hours to get to a safe standard)
This is made up of the following
- 15 hours dual instruction
- 15 hours solo flight time
- 5 hours Mountain Flying
- 10 hours Cross Country Flying