Commercial Pilot Training
Helicopters Nelson offer premium one on one flight training like no other company in New Zealand. What do we offer that makes us different from the rest?
What we offer
- We only take limited numbers of full time Commercial student at a time
- You train in the Cabri G2
- You are trained by a ratio of 3 instructors to one student (2 B Cat and 1 C Cat)
- Your instructors are also highly experienced commercial pilots flying larger turbine helicopters on a wide range of applications
- You get on the job training and opportunities to work out in the field with your instructors on commercial operations such as long line and fire-fighting work. This work experience can go on your CV to show you have worked within a commercial operation and have the skills required to be a ground support crew as well as a junior pilot
- Helicopters Nelson will assist you with job placement in the industry and we have worldwide contacts to help put you on the right track
- All our past students have gained employment and are now working all over the world.
What we don't cover
- We do not offer student funding
- Commercial students must have all theory exams passed in order to start full time training
- We do not take on international students so you must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- We have a strict acceptance policy that you need to pass prior to starting your training. This is to ensure that the pilots we recommend to future employers are of a high standard with regard to not only flying skills but general attitude and work ethic.
Commercial Pilot License - Flight Time Requirements
150 hours flight time
This is made up of the following:
- 35 hours dual instruction
- 35 hours solo flight time
- 10 hours Mountain Flying
- 10 hours Sling
- 10 hours Cross Country Flying